Having a loyalty program is a critical piece of your customer engagement strategy, but just having one isn’t enough. Today, consumers demand additional incentives to not only get them excited to sign up but also to keep them coming back long-term.
But what makes a great incentive? What are your loyalty program members looking for? And what aren’t they looking for?
The 2023 Customer Engagement Data Study: How Loyalty Amplifiers Motivate Consumer Behaviors surveyed 2,500 U.S. consumers and reveals critical insights about what motivates them to engage with incentives and provide your brand with more opportunities to strengthen customer relationships.
Here is a sample of some of the key findings:
- 90% of consumers agree they’re more likely to engage with a brand if it offers incentivized engagements.
- Nearly 60% of consumers have switched from a brand they regularly purchase from to a better brand that offered incentivized engagements.
- 57% of consumers have made a first-time purchase with a brand as a result of participating in an incentivized engagement.
- 33% of consumers who haven’t recently participated in an incentivized engagement say it’s because the brands they engage with most often don’t offer incentivized engagements.
In this data study, you’ll learn:
- Which incentives are best at driving specific consumer behaviors
- Actions that consumers are willing to take in exchange for incentives
- What makes consumers most excited about the incentives they participate in
- How incentives impact consumer spending
- Reasons why incentives can fail