New research from ebbo shows that 90% of consumers agree they’re more likely to engage with a brand if it offers incentivized engagements.
Rocky Hill, CT — February 6, 2023
Loyalty programs continue to play a critical role in brands’ customer engagement strategies, but it takes more than simply having a program to build long-term relationships. Consumers are becoming more motivated by incentives layered into these programs.
Known as loyalty amplifiers, incentivized engagements like sweepstakes, trivia, UGC contests and more can help brands boost engagement in their loyalty programs.
ebbo, a leading provider of end-to-end loyalty solutions, explored the growing interest in such engagements in its 2023 Customer Engagement Data Study surveying 2,500 U.S consumers about how incentives impact their behavior.
ebbo’s research found that 90% of consumers agree they’re more likely to engage with a brand if it offers incentives, and further, 57% of consumers have made first-time purchases with brands because of participating in an incentive. It is clear that consumers are looking to brands for new ways they can engage and earn benefits.
Offering loyalty amplifiers in loyalty programs, like sweepstakes, trivia and user-generated content, helps brands achieve loyalty goals like member acquisition, onboarding, increased sales, point burn, retention and brand advocacy.
Key findings from the report include:
- 90% of consumers agree they’re more likely to engage with a brand if it offers incentivizes.
- 57% of consumers have made a first-time purchase with a brand as a result of participating in an incentive.
- 59% of consumers have switched from a brand they regularly purchase from to a different brand that offered better-incentivized engagements.
- Ease of participation is the No. 1 factor that makes consumers most excited about the incentivized engagements they participate in.
- 33% of consumers who haven’t recently participated in an incentivized engagement say it’s because the brands they engage with most often don’t offer them.
“There has never been a more opportune time for brands to focus on strategies that turn consumers into true brand advocates,” said Tyler Haskins, EVP of Marketing at ebbo. “It’s no longer enough to just offer a loyalty program. Consumers are demanding additional incentives to engage with through loyalty amplifiers like sweepstakes, trivia, social contests and more. We’re expecting to see brands get very creative with their loyalty tactics going forward.”
ebbo is an all-in-one loyalty company that has helped leading brands build unforgettable customer experiences for over two decades. In addition to its suite of uniquely configurable loyalty solutions, ebbo’s data driven, full-service approach helps brands build customer engagement on repeat. ebbo is based in Rocky Hill, CT with offices in Michigan and team members all over the U.S. For more information, visit www.ebbo.com.