What if in the future, loyalty programs could be implemented for free?
Wouldn’t it be nice if retailers didn’t have to wait a year or two to see positive financials from their loyalty programs?
And how awesome would it be if that approach was not a limited solution based on a budget, but instead a robust customer engagement engine that delivered a substantial value proposition – making it easy for consumers to say yes to the brand?
One final question: What if the future was now?
I’ll be representing Clarus Commerce in an engaging panel discussion at the Retail Innovation Conference at Convene in New York City next week – May 6-8 – with panelists from GameStop and Wayfair. We’ll be discussing many elements of Next Gen Loyalty Marketing Programs, including the rise of membership loyalty programs, and their potential impact for retailers.
Both brands feature subscription-based premium loyalty programs that provide a differentiated experience for their valuable customers.
Wayfair launched its MyWay program last fall to provide members with benefits across the entire shopping experience. They include access to insider sales, discounts on installation and assembly services, and free shipping, as well as next-day delivery.
Meanwhile, GameStop boasts one of the longest running paid membership programs. PowerUp Rewards offers members a tiered level of benefits, such as discounts, bonus trade-in credit, collectible offers, a gaming magazine, and more.
Some of the key themes we’ll be exploring during the panel discussion at 4 p.m. ET on Tuesday, May 7, include:
- The decline of legacy loyalty programs and the rise of a more customer friendly and engaging approach
- Insights about how these brands have chosen to utilize the Premium Loyalty approach to drive customer intimacy and financial results
- Lessons learned along the way that helped GameStop and Wayfair improve upon their strategies
- Next steps for customer loyalty and engagement for these amazing brands
There will be other impressive retailers and content featured at the 2019 Retail Innovation Conference. I’m looking forward to sitting in on several great sessions, such as:
- How Shinola Used Customer Insights to Create A Non-Traditional ‘Loyalty’ Strategy
- Strategies for Strengthening Businesses by Empowering Women Leaders – featuring panelist from Glamsquad, Retailwinds, and Wayfair
- Cultivating Talent That Supports A Culture of Innovation with Urban Outfitters and ADAY
- Innovation Strategies at Macy’s that highlight ways the retailer is working to stay competitive and thrive in today’s dynamic environment
- One (Shoe) Size Doesn’t Fit All: Implementing Personalization at Berkshire Hathaway Shoe Holdings
- The Experiential Era: How Brands Are Using Events to Drive Conversions and Build Loyal Communities – including representatives from Sleep Number, Tarte Cosmetics, and Kendra Scott
This may not surprise you, but the session I’m most looking forward to is my own with GameStop and Wayfair. Is that too self-serving? Just trying to keep it real!
I hope to see you there.
Thanks for reading and please keep an eye out for my post-event report. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to shoot me a message on LinkedIn before or after the event.